This is a role with a purpose, bring along your customer
service excellence to a rewarding area of work alongside a
passionate and dynamic team making a difference.
The Administration Officer/ Receptionist will work in the
Children’s Services Unit (CSU). The CSU is a group of programs
designed to support individuals, families and children. Our
services aim is to build parenting capacity that is sustained long
term through the provision of family supports, therapeutic
interventions, the development of parenting and relationship skills
and connection to community resources.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a high
level of customer service skills, super organisational powers, the
ability to be able to multi-task and work effectively.
You will provide essential administrative support to the office,
reception duties including welcoming visitors, offering the team a
high level of confidential support.
This is a fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2023 (extension
subject to funding).
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Outgoing, friendly personality with the ability to relate to
and communicate with people from all different cultures, including
young children, parents and staff
- Demonstrate experience in providing a broad range of
administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-faceted team
environment along with proven ability to work independently
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills with
the ability to prioritise
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children
Check. (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening
- Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to
comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to
provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you
cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential
conversation with the hiring manager about your individual
circumstances to find out how this may apply to you.
- Ability to backfill other administration roles within CSU
across alternative locations within Adelaide metropolitan area when
- Ability to work additional outside of traditional work hours as
outlined in your contract when required
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management
- Experience working in the non-for-profit or community services
- First Aid Certificate
What’s in it for you
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 2 $29.12 per hour + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home
- Fast paced role, offering variety in a busy office located at
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for
- Study leave for ongoing employees
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community
services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating
within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and
provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic
background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited
Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the
uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with
integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to
cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and
discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our
mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers
fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our
reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic
Family Services – Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document)
outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in
the position description. To access the position description or
submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please
contact Kristen Spehr, Administration Manager, on 08 8159 1418.
Applications close 5pm on Friday, 01 July
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.