NSW Government -National Parks & Wildlife Service 4.0★
- Administration Support Officer NPMP – North Coast
- Package includes salary $75,992- $83,211, employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Temporary Full-time Role available up until the 30th of June 2025
- This position is located in Byron Bay or Murwillumbah
Do you want to work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies
About the Role
National Parks and Wildlife Service has a unique opportunity for an Administration Support Officer – NPMP to work as part of the team based in Byron Bay or Murwillumbah and contribute towards the conservation of the natural environment, flora, fauna and aboriginal heritage of the beautiful North Coast NSW region.
As an Administration Support Officer – NPMP, you will provide administrative and support services to facilitate the operation of a diverse team working to enhance conservation values across NPWS through strategies and programs to manage key threats to conservation outcomes.
The role provides office based administrative support for the team through the of use of various technologies, this includes communication of key information, management of due dates of tasks, financial processing and monitoring, calendar management and day to day administrative tasks.
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced setting. You will possess strong attention to detail as well as have excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and build effective long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to adapt and prioritise tasks and have a strong understanding of providing high quality customer service. The successful candidate will also have strong organizational skills and will display the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy on all deliverables within set deadlines.
- Experience in administration including experience in the use of computer based systems such as word processing, spreadsheet and records management systems.
- Knowledge of financial and human resource management procedures, policies and practices, and contract administration.
To view the Role Description: Administration Support Officer
What we can offer you
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service is a great place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge.
- Accrued days off in addition to Annual Leave
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training.
What we do
About NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
Visit a park
North Coast Branch Overview
How to apply
Apply by answering all pre-screening questions, submit a current resume and a one-page cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
DPE strongly recommends all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID-19, to be so.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
For more information about the role, please contact Joel Knight, Team Leader Field Operations, North Coast Branch, NPWS on 0455 266 646 or Joel.Knight@environment.nsw.gov.au.??
Applications close:? Wednesday 8th of February 2023 at 11.55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks.
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, check out Our Mob on Country to see the work we do and for assistance in applying for a role. Contact our Aboriginal People & Culture team at DPIEAPC@dpie.nsw.gov.au if you need further information or assistance.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.