- Casual + Potential for Permanency
- Monday to Friday + Full Time Hours
- Warrnambool, VIC
**Must submit Cover Letter.
Located in Warrnambool Victoria, you will be joining a well-established company, formed 20 + years ago specializing in the manufacturing of sheet metal machinery.
The business has state of the art equipment & facilities. Workshop is a fast pace environment with 30+ employees undertaking a strong focus on manufacturing high-end machinery.
Due to growth within the business, we are currently seeking 1 x boilermaker Apprentice & 1 x Fitter & turner machinist apprentice.
Fitter & Turner Machinist – Reporting to the supervisor, your day-to-day duties will mainly consist of:
- Bandsaw cutting of raw materials.
- Programs machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets.
- Deburr components.
- Load / Unload CNC milling machines.
- General house keeping
- Assist Tradesman
- Clean & pack finished components.
Your Skills and Experience
- Have Genuine interest in your chosen field
- Have a good general understanding of metal trade work
- Good mathematical understanding
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools efficiently and safely
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute as a team member
- Excellent communication skills
- A good mechanical aptitude and assembly skills
- Basic computer skills
- Possess a current Australian driver’s licence
- Minimum 2 X Contactable Reference
- Possess a strong commitment to and awareness to workplace health and safety
Pay Rates & Hours
- Attractive hourly rate
- 38-hour week with opportunity to do overtime if desired.
Benefits and Culture:
- Regular overtime
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent conditions in modern facilities
- Supplied and laundered uniforms
The successful candidate must undergo & pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test