Apprenticeships – North and North West
Req. Id: 3766
Townsville, QLD, AU, 4810
Company: Queensland Rail
- Join the team at Queensland Rail to learn a trade as you get paid!
- Multiple opportunities across Regional Queensland
- Work towards a qualified trade role
Starting end of January/early February 2023, we invest in your career journey with us! Over the next 4 years, our apprentices will be trained and mentored in our diverse and supportive workplace – whether you are a school leaver, parent returning to the workforce or looking for a career change. We are also interested in candidates who have commenced an Apprenticeship and are in their second or third year.
You’ll receive specific training to become qualified in your trade in one of these rewarding and sought after roles. Training covers both on the job and TAFE classroom-based learning. It is a requirement of the role that you successfully complete all training and assessments across a range of learning modules throughout this time.
Apprenticeships on offer (not all regions will offer all apprenticeships):
- Mechanical Fitters
- Traction (High Voltage)
To be successful you will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn and a passion for the trade. The ability to work in a team environment and follow instructions with a commitment to safety at all times is essential.
Queensland Rail values an inclusive and diverse work environment, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.
Recruitment and Selection process follows:
- Apprenticeship type preference Email
- Online testing consisting of Safety, Literacy and Numeracy
- Assessment Centre / Interview
- Psychomotor testing
- Reference checks
- Pre-employment medical including alcohol and drug testing
Benefits working at Queensland Rail:
- Apprenticeships will be paid in accordance with the relevant Queensland Rail Enterprise Agreement
- Discounted rail travel for off-duty travel on the SEQ and long-distance travel networks.
- Professional Development and membership opportunities
- Salary packaging and novated vehicle leasing
- Fitness Passport is a discounted health and fitness program providing access to range of gyms and pools.
- Employee Assistance Program covering career, conflict management, nutrition, and family support and assistance.
- Flu Vaccination Program
Please ensure you regularly check your emails for updates on your progress in the recruitment process.
All applicants need to successfully complete each stage of recruitment to progress.
Please apply to Apprenticeships – North and North West (3766) via our website by clicking onto the “Apply” button by 11:59pm (GMT+10:00 Brisbane) Sunday 9th October 2022.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Queensland Rail is committed to a diverse workforce that is reflective of the customers and communities we serve.
We are inclusive, collaborative, respectful, and value our differences. We are 1TEAM, where everyone belongs.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact Anna Nolan via the phone number or email below.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Anna Nolan with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Job Type: Apprenticeship