SA Government -DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
Job reference: 524590
Location: 5000 – ADELAIDE
Job status: Short Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
Flexible working arrangements available
Provide a range of services to promote wellbeing of young people
Access excellent learning and development opportunities
The Business Coordinator is a role within in Community and Family Services and is accountable to the Lead, Administration Services for:
- overseeing the administration team and coordinating resources (human, financial and physical) to ensure operational business services are delivered in accordance with the Department of Human Services (DHS) policies and procedures
- undertaking and coordinating projects to deliver on business and team priorities within the required timeframe
- developing implementing and maintaining systems and procedures to support Safer Family Services teams and objectives
- providing high level support to staff and leadership regarding DHS policies, procedures relating to HR, procurement, asset management, HR21, governance recruitment, for the effective delivery of programs and services.
Key outcomes and accountabilities:
1. Provide leadership, orientation, supervision, performance management and effective deployment and development of the Administration team
2. Manage and plan administrative services including continuous improvement in financial, workforce management, and other business support functions.
3. Manage the effective operation of Safer Family Services by identifying, establishing and maintaining appropriate and compliant systems, procedures and processes in collaboration with the administration and business network.
4. Analyse and action as appropriate monthly budget reports and undertake financial reconciliations and administration.
5. Undertake discrete projects and contribute to Business Operations and SFS projects.
6. Provide support services and advice to the leadership team relating to human resources policy, recruitment and selection processes, timely and accurate processing of payroll information, bonafide reports and local induction for new staff.
Note: Any other responsibilities in line with the classification level of the role as assigned by Line Manager and/or the Department. The responsibilities as specified above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the role.
- National Police Check required.
- Employment-related Screening Check required.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
- Some interstate and intrastate travel may be required.
- Must hold a current Australian issued driver’s licence (equivalent to minimum class C).
- Incumbent will be required to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to engagement with DHS, unless it would be medically unsafe for the employee to do so.
- Multiple positions in various Adelaide Metropolitan locations available.
- Role Status: Term up to 02/02/2024
About the Business
Community and Family Services supports vulnerable people and families to participate in social and economic life and build stronger communities. This division comprises three key areas:
Safer Family Services (SFS) provides a wide range of intensive family support services to children, young people and families experiencing a high risk of statutory intervention from the child protection or youth justice systems. Services also include family support, community development and parenting and youth programs.
The Office for Women works across government and the community towards achieving gender equity and positive change for women in South Australia by developing policy and advising on issues affecting women to improve their safety, wellbeing and economic security. The office also oversees the Women’s Information Service to support women over the phone, online and in person, as well as regional safety hubs across the state.
Communities and Justice works towards building community safety and wellbeing by providing support and services to children, young people and families in the youth justice system, building the capacity of communities through community development projects and working in partnership with the community services sector to respond to people with complex and exceptional needs.
Role Status: Term up to 02/02/2024
Salary Range: $83,273 – $92,614 (AS05)
Location: Various locations in the Adelaide Metropolitan area
Enquiries: Andrea Blair, 0419 374 316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume and Cover Letter
You are required to submit a cover letter, up to a maximum of two pages, addressing how your skills and experience align with the role specific capabilities and attach your current resume via the online application form. For more information about applying, refer to our Job Application Guide
If you are new to the department and are invited to an interview, you will be required to produce a National Police Check, which has been issued within six months of your application for the role. National Police Checks can be applied for via the South Australia Police or through an Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission accredited body.
If the role you are applying for also requires an Employment-related Screening Check, you will be required to undergo such assessment as is advised by DHS, including periodic assessment during your employment.
DHS is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and providing equitable services to all South Australians. This ensures that all people feel welcome to work with us and access our services, including people identifying as Aboriginal, living with disability, LGBTIQA+, youth, mature age, and from different ethnic, linguistic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
Applications close: 24/03/2023 11:30 PM