- Data entry
This role undertakes administrative licensing functions including the input, assessment and maintenance of key licensing and financial data. Reporting to the Senior Licensing Officer, you will:
- Answer telephone and email enquiries and liaise with, and provide advice to, clients and prospective clients
- Correspond with licensees and prospective licensees about licensing and related matters, monitor outstanding requests and instigate remedial actions
- Liaise with internal programme areas to refer high level licensing queries
- Perform basic financial transactions associated with licence applications in accordance with financial policy; process and reconcile EFTPOS payments for application and renewal fees
- Provide efficient and effective document management (physical/electronic) and maintain the document control systems for the Unit.
- Complete general administrative tasks to contribute to the daily operations of the Unit as required.
The successful person
You will have:
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills with a strong detail orientation
- Highly developed time management skills
- Knowledge of, or ability to, rapidly acquire knowledge of processing basic financial transactions
- Awareness of or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the licensing and registration system and procedures.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
QPHaSS under the leadership of the General Manager brings together key system support functions and the surveillance, prevention and control of communicable diseases and public health risks in Queensland – Leading the statewide planning and coordination of programs and services to prevent, or control, health-related diseases, hazards and harmful practices and enhance protective health factors to promote the overall health and wellbeing of Queenslanders.
The General Manager QPHaSS reports to the Chief Operating Officer through the Board of Management and is a member of Queensland Health Executive Leadership Team. QPHaSS has a 2022-23 operational budget of around $823 million, 2,639 FTE and a scope of service that covers the whole State.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.