We are currently seeking an Assistant Services Officer to join our team within the Sport and Recreation Services Group.
- This is a full time ongoing opportunity based in the Southern region at our Jindabyne Sports And Recreation Centre.
- Salary package $52,003 up to $54,850 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading
Working with us
The Office of Sport is the lead NSW Government agency for sport and active recreation.
With a vision of sport and active recreation creating healthier people, connecting communities, and making a stronger NSW, we provide the people of NSW with the leadership, policies, programs, funding, and infrastructure necessary to maximise the social, health and economic benefits realised through this valued sector.
Our work is spread across NSW, with ten Sport and Recreation Centres, four Olympic Sport Venues and offices throughout the state.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Sport is committed to building a workplace that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Office encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
The Office of Sport is committed to keeping children safe. It is the responsibility of all staff, regardless of role, to act to keep children safe from harm
About the role
The Assistant Services Officer provides high level customer service and client liaison coordination of site operations during programs and events to a diverse range of clients to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to site rules.
In this role, you will need to:
- Assist Catering Officers in the kitchen, including operating commercial dishwasher, and operating the bar when required
- Ensure goods are stored in a safe and hygienic manner
- Maintain a high standard of operational service and effective communication with clients to understand and respond to their needs
- Perform all on-site activities during events; this could include operational support, assisting with traffic flow and parking, distributing resources, setting up and packing up of event related equipment and safely operating equipment as required.
- Undertake administrative tasks, including attending to telephone enquiries, providing site and event information, accurate data entry and taking fees where required
- Ensure supplies are maintained and available to customers through routine monitoring, reporting of supply levels and housekeeping as required
- Engage with team members to foster teamwork and continuous improvement in service delivery
- Conduct activities and operate plant and machinery in accordance with agency procedures and policies, including child protection and work, health and safety, food handling and money handling.
Office of Sport offers
- A competitive salary
- A range of employee benefits such as salary packaging, fitness passport, and Employee Assistance Program
- Access to training and development
How to apply
To apply for this role you need to submit an application online, Job Reference No. 00008ZDL
When applying you need to:
- Answer the two pre-screening questions (see below) which should demonstrate your competency in the focus capabilities (maximum of 2 pages).
- Provide cover letter that details how you meet the capabilities of the role (maximum 1 page)
- Provide a resume that details your previous experience (maximum of 4 pages)
Further information about “Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service” is available on I work for NSW.
- Provide an example of a time when you had to deliver a service to a client who had special request without prior knowledge. How did you manage the request and what was the outcome?
- Give an example of your experience working in hospitality. How did you manage your time and communication with your working colleagues?
- For further information about the role please contact Heather Gardiner (Catering Coordinator), on 0401 711 963 or view the role description.
- The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Records Check.
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website
- No offer of employment will be made until all relevant clearances are finalised.
- Successful candidates for this role will be required to provide evidence of double vaccination status.
Applications Close: 11:59pm on Monday, 4th July 2022