About the School:
In partnership with our parents and community, Narangba Valley State High School provides all students with access to a high quality education that equips them with the knowledge, skills and attributes needed for the future. This will enable them to participate in and contribute to a culturally, socially and economically vibrant society.
About the Role:
- Generate daily reports on absenteeism, send SMS messages to parents/carers, advise and follow up with teachers, and document relevant information on an excel spreadsheet and on OneSchool.
- Generate a ‘Daily Attendance Report’ every morning and provide to all teaching staff and deputy principals, and advising teachers of amendments to attendance records due to late notification.
- Collect and coordinate data to determine and document reasons for absences by students chronically absent, monitor student programs, and provide information to teachers and school leaders where necessary, liaising with Student Support Officer, Head of Special Education Program, and Guidance Officer to address issues relating to students experiencing problems that prevent their engagement at school.
- Maintain a database listing student that are independent students, students residing with carers (guardian kinship care/child safety officers), students where there are legal orders against the parents/guardians, or other issues that may impact on student attendance.
- Monitor attendance as a means of increasing awareness of students experiencing problems, and to allow for intervention before such problems get out of hand, and provide this information and advice to assist teachers with managing students with non-attendance issues.
Please view the Role Description for a full list of duties.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- In accordance with the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 a person is prohibited from working in regulated child-related employment unless the person holds a current Working with Children Check clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
How to Apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant previous work history).
- Attach a 2-page response to the How you will be Assessed section of the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.