- Microsoft Office
- High Performing Team!
- Multiple Projects!
- Committed to Positive Outcomes!
Recfishwest provides an advocacy, consultative and advisory service to the Western Australian Government on behalf of almost 700,000 recreational fishers who access the community-owned fish resources along WA’s coastline and waterways. We are a not-for-profit organisation that achieves good, meaningful outcomes that make a difference to the recreational fishing experience.
We have multiple projects running concurrently and the agile accounting function reflects this in the many multi-year cost centres which are fully budgeted and aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
Who you Are:
You have a minimum of two years’ experience using online accounting software and have an appreciation of recreational fishing and the drive to achieve good community outcomes that protect the lifestyle of Western Australians. You enjoy taking ownership of the roles you are engaged in and working as part of a small team in a supportive and co-operative way is your preference.
Your diligent work ethic and attention to detail will be highly valued by the organisation.
The position is offered on a part-time basis (15 hours per week) with preferred days of work being Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position and will work with a forward thinking, friendly and professional team utilising cloud-based MYOB software.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Process the payroll for 20 employees from the timesheet provided.
- Accounts payable processing including the inputting of all credit card receipts.
- Accounts receivable invoicing as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Input YTD actuals to the cost centre spreadsheet.
- Process purchase orders based on purchase requisitions received and ensure all supporting documentation is provided to the Finance Manager.
- Process the bank reconciliations for transaction, reserve and credit card accounts.
- Process and reimburse the petty cash.
- Maintain the minor equipment schedule based on purchases and write-offs.
- Set up suppliers in MYOB.
To be successful for this great opportunity, you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar position
- Minimum Certificate IV in Bookkeeping.
- An appreciation of recreational fishing and its importance to the lifestyle of Western Australians.
- Experience with payroll processing.
- Experience with Accounting Software – MYOB.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 suite of applications including spreadsheets.
- The ability to provide a National Police Clearance upon appointment.
- Experience using Calxa online software will be advantageous.
If you satisfy the above criteria, and genuinely seeking a role in a team passionate about making a difference, we encourage you to apply.
The SHORTLISTER is not an agency!
*We manage the application process for clients and ensure EVERY Candidate (you) is given a fair opportunity for the role you are applying for.
Here’s the kicker… it will take you less than 60 seconds to apply!! #Ninjafast
Keep an eye out for our reply email into your inbox 🙂
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $70,000.00 per year