Work type: Full time
Location: Adelaide CBD
Categories: Catering and Hospitality
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network, Allied Health – Food Services Team – North Adelaide
- Salary – Classification – WHA5 – HEALTH ANCILLARY EMPLOYEE L5 – $1,110.50 to $1,122.10
- Employment Full time – Term Contract (temporary up to 9 Oct 2023)
The Café Team Leader is responsible to the Retail Manager for the daily operation of the Women’s and Children’s Hospital Café’s. The Café Team Leader is responsible for leading, supervising and training the Café Assistants from a hands-on perspective. The Café Team Leader facilitates effective teamwork and the provision of a high standard of customer service and compliance with procedures.
All duties need to be performed in compliance with the Department’s Food Safety Plan, which, in turn, ensures compliance with the SA Food Act and Regulations and the Australian New Zealand Food Authority Standards and Codes.
- This is a hands on role where the incumbent is required to contribute to the efficient operation of the Café’s by ensuring staff are trained to deliver a safe, high quality service.
- Lead by example: develop and foster a positive workplace culture based on the SA Health’s values and promote customer service, learning and development, safety and welfare of employees, acknowledge differences and encourage creativity and innovation.
- Deliver training to Café Assistants in daily tasks, customer service and food safety requirements as part of their orientation process and ongoing development.
- Provide input into the development and review of operating procedures and training manuals.
- Support collaborative communication with all staff and managers.
- Support respectful and effective working relationships by acting as a role model for other staff and demonstrating a problem solving approach to operational staff issues.
- Maintain close communication with the Retail Manager including reporting of issues.
If you have relevant training with a recognised training provider in staff supervision and food safety, Barista training and basic computer skills and have experience a café or large-scale food service environment, leading a team and providing on-the-job training and importantly extensive experience in Espresso coffee making, then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Women’s and Children’s Hospital provides state of the art health care for women and children in Adelaide and South Australia.
We are the state’s leading provider of specialist care for children with acute and chronic conditions and SA’s largest maternity and obstetric service. It also provides important community-based services.
Each year, more than 30,000 people are admitted and about 5000 babies are born at the hospital. In addition more than 250,000 people come to the hospital as outpatients.
The hospital has 295 beds. The hospital’s paediatric and adolescent wards cater for all paediatric specialties. Women’s wards provide antenatal, gynaecology, neonatal and postnatal care.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements.
- DHS Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Certificate (NPC) for employment involving unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups required for this position (E.g. aged care employment or work involving vulnerable clients)
Immunisation Risk for this position is – Category B (indirect contact with blood or body substances)
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 808695
Phone: (08) 81616833
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 06 OCT 2022 – 11.55PM
Australian applicant guidelines
International applicant guidelines
Advertised: 22 Sep 2022 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 06 Oct 2022 Cen. Australia Daylight Time