SA Government -DEPARTMENT FOR CORRECTIONAL SERVICES 4.1★
Job reference: 518206
Location: – VARIOUS –
Job status: Casual
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the Department for Correctional Services
The Department employs approximately 2,000 staff and has responsibility for nine prisons and sixteen Community Correctional offices across the state. Our vision is for a safer community by protecting the public and reducing re-offending. We work towards this through the contribution of staff who are employed in a wide variety of fields, from correctional officers and teachers, to social workers, psychologists and supervisors of court orders. Their commitment ensures we deliver quality services to prisoners, offenders and victims of crime. We strongly promote diversity and equity in our workforce, which directly contributes to greater effectiveness and better outcomes. In a supportive and collaborative environment, you will encounter interesting professional challenges and you will work alongside dedicated and passionate people who help to turn around the lives of offenders and rebuild lives affected by crime.
The Community Corrections Officer is responsible for:
- Contributing to the protection of the community by supervising adult offenders who are referred to the Department by sentencing and releasing authorities and providing them with opportunities to cease offending.
- Liaison with a variety of Government and non-Government agencies in relation to the supervision of offenders.
- Section 47 of the Public Sector Act 2009 applies in conjunction with other provisions of the act and other applicable industrial entitlements.
- The incumbent is required to satisfactorily complete a National Criminal History Check.
- A current South Australian Driver’s Licence is essential.
- A flexible approach to working hours is required.
- Some interstate and intrastate travel will be required which may necessitate overnight absences.
OPS3 ($65,606 – $69,919pa)
Ms Shakila Williams
A/Area Manager, Lower South
08 8229 6900 (Edwardstown)
08 8326 0355 (Noarlunga)
Refer to the Advice to Applicants for information on how to apply.
Applications close: 07/02/2023 11:00 PM