The Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of science, engineering and technology disciplines. With schools ranked in the top 50 globally* and an outstanding reputation for teaching, research and the quality of our graduates, a qualification from the faculty can open the door to a world of opportunity.
Teaching and research in the School of Biological Sciences spans the scale and breadth of the living world – from molecules, genes and cells; organisms and their environments; to broad landscapes that cover Earth.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate casual staff to assist with the delivery of our Semester 1 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, commencing 27 February 2023 until 31 July 2023.
- View the current casual employment opportunities and Course List available to determine what work offerings are being made available for individual courses (i.e. other academic activity, marking etc.)
- Ensure you meet the essential criteria: Are an Australian citizen or possess an eligible Australian work visa*
- Please note: Prospective employees are required to provide evidence of their Australian citizenship or working rights.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and the ability to educate and mentor students
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly understand and explain technical information to students
- Evidence of good feedback from course coordinators and student evaluations
- Commitment to perform the role for the semester period.
- As a minimum requirement applicants will need to have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or be enrolled or be enrolled in an honours program.
- Consider the desired criteria:
- Previous experience with casual work within the School.
- Completion of a postgraduate in a relevant field
- Teaching qualifications of formal training
- To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and provide the required information and documents.
Term of position: 27 February 2023 to 31 July 2023
If you require assistance or further information please email the School of Biological Sciences inbox or contact Leanne Haller, School Business Manager.
Closing date: 11:55pm, Friday 13 January 2023
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Please note there are only limited opportunities available. Your expression of interest will be considered and only successful applicants will be contacted.