Across the next four years as part of our new strategic plan, we’ll be actively engaged in building enriching experiences, collecting memories and sharing stories through our collections, building collaborative partnerships and pursuing sustainable and culturally sensitive ways to work.The Marketing and Communications branch is seeking a media and communications professional to join our team. Within the identified role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering high quality internal and external communication services to support corporate branding and key organisational messaging while meeting State Library’s service commitments
- Participating in a high performing Communications team in the delivery of creative and engaging resources while ensuring innovative and responsive services for staff. This includes contributing to the day-to-day workflows of the team, and delivering on key service objectives and organisational priorities
- Maintaining the overall strategic communications standard for State Library in consultation with key internal stakeholders and external clients. This includes reporting on key measures and the development of strategies, initiatives and projects to support strategic outcomes
- Leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously while engaging with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results. This includes setting strategic objectives, responsible management of budget, problem solving, time management and communicating with influence to achieve results
- Using expertise and influence to support distributed communications models across the organisation and demonstrating initiative in the development of communication strategies which engage new and developing channels of communication.
For further questions, please contact Dianne McKean at email@example.com
Mandatory requirements / special conditionsIt is a genuine occupational requirement for this role to be filled by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person as per Section 7 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 for the purpose outlined in Section 25 of the Act.
This role has been identified to improve the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at State Library and is an equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
Verification of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage may be required. A witnessed declaration may be sent to the recommended applicant prior to the appointment process. Requesting this information from the applicant helps to ensure that the intention is honoured. More information is provided at forgov.qld.gov.au .
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE’ button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.