As Coordinator (Centre for Learning and Wellbeing Satellite), you will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Manage, lead and coordinate the development of professional learning programs using the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and providing opportunities for teachers to participate in face to face professional learning.
- Coordinate wellbeing support to staff and school leaders including pre-service teachers, students and their families.
- Achieve improvements in teaching and learning through collaborating and mentoring and using processes that develop pedagogical and current curriculum knowledge and practice.
- Strengthen knowledge of the Australian Curriculum by focusing professional learning on student learning, effective teaching strategies and how to differentiate learning.
- Coach and mentor teachers including beginning teachers, developing collegiality, building a learning and development culture, modelling innovative teaching styles and encouraging professional development.
- Work collaboratively with the Centre for Learning and Wellbeing team to ensure programs are regularly being evaluated and improved upon.
- Maintain teaching competency and currency of knowledge of pedagogy and current curriculum programs to ensure the delivery of effective professional learning.
- Support school leaders to achieve enhanced leadership capability through professional development and mentoring tailored to the teacher and school location by providing peer support and mentoring to improve education outcomes for students.
- Coordinate and facilitate a range of wellbeing programs and strategies designed to enhance staff and student wellbeing and enhance workplace effectiveness.
- Initiate, develop, maintain and promote effective multiagency and multidisciplinary networks that coordinate a holistic response to complex educational issues and student and staff wellbeing issues.
For a full list of mandatory requirements please see the attached role description.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.