Join us if you are passionate about sharing your knowledge and skills in an educational setting alongside a professional team.
Centacare Registered Training Organisation (RTO, provider number 1004) has been in existence for over 15 years and has offered qualifications relating to Work Health and Safety, Community Services and Foundation Skills. Our learners are government funded, employer funded or fee-paying individuals.
The role of Educator includes, but is not limited to, the development and delivery of a range of training programs including e-learning within a fee for service framework. A key focus of the role will be responsiveness to organisational, stakeholder and individual learner needs as well as compliance against ASQA standards. It includes co -delivery of CHC43515 Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work and may include other qualification on the RTO scope.
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or working towards
- Certificate IV or higher-level qualification in relevant human services qualification
- Excellent skills in training facilitation within vocational area
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities and problem solve
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence
- Ability to do some out of hours work and inter/intra-state travel when required
- Degree level qualification in a related discipline
- Three years of experience of working in consumer/carer work in human services
- Three years of VET training and experience managing course delivery
- Strong knowledge of the VET sector and the National Standards for RTOs (2015)
- Experience using Learning management Systems
- Experience in instructional design and the delivery of online learning programs
What’s in it for you
- Permanent full-time/part-time, on-going position; FTE may be negotiated (0.6 to 1.0 FTE)
- Salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Meal and entertainment card option available
- High performing, goal focused, collaborative & supportive team environment
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
- Health insurance discounts with Bupa
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services – Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Lana Dulic, Manager, on 08 8215 6865.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be shortlisted as received and the job advertisement may close without notice.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.