- Work from home
- Microsoft Office
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a key role for an Environment & Sustainability Lead to join BAE System’s national Maritime SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) team on a permanent full time basis, (Permanent part-time may also be considered for the right candidate). This role is based at our Osborne, Adelaide offices, you will also have the opportunity to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
We are increasing our global commitments towards a sustainable future, and this is your opportunity to help mature the BAE Systems Maritime Sustainability program inclusive of environmental, social and governance factors. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for sustainability as well as extensive leadership experience developing and implementing sustainability programs in complex organisations.
This opportunity will see you:
- Identify opportunities for sustainability innovation and developing supporting business cases.
- Interact with key stakeholders on sustainability issues and strategy.
- Design and deliver sustainability awareness training to multiple, diverse stakeholders.
- Working with BAE Systems Australia on Net Zero Carbon strategy and implementation.
- Monitor changes to the environmental legislation by ensuring that SHE documents are compliant with the relevant industry standards.
- Develop, maintaining as well as ensuring systems are in place to capture data to meet internal and external data management requirements.
- Develop strong internal and external relationships and build company branding by collaborating with clients, government, community organizations, and employees.
- Maintain responsibility for the performance of BAE Systems Maritime Australia’s ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you’ll have:
- Australian Citizenship and eligible to obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance.
- Experience in developing and championing an Environmental and Sustainability program.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing supporting systems.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing/delivering sustainability education and awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the factors and challenges influencing Sustainability and the initiatives that can be taken to promote it.
- Previous Project management experience.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Management / Sustainability or a related field.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.