- Bachelor’s degree
Job reference: 502990
Location: 5000 – ADELAIDE
Job status: Ongoing
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the EPA
The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) is South Australia’s independent environment protection regulator. The organisation works to protect, restore and improve the environment through the risk-based regulation of pollution, waste, noise and radiation. EPA works closely with industry, the community and government to protect the unique natural environment while supporting economic growth and improving wellbeing. The EPA is responsible for the administration of the Environment Protection Act 1993, the Single-use and Other Plastic Products (Waste Avoidance) Act 2020 and the Plastic Shopping Bags (Waste Avoidance) Act 2008 and the Radiation Protection and Control Act 1982 (RPC Act) as well as exercising responsibilities under other South Australian planning and environmental legislation.
About the Role
The Environment Protection Officer:
- Is a key source of advice in relation to prescribed activities of environmental significance relating to the waste and resource recovery sector for the Environment Protection Authority (EPA)
- Provides high quality professional verbal and written communication to a range of stakeholders
- Implements the relevant statutory requirements of the Environment Protection Act 1993
Work may include:
1. Undertaking environmental impact assessment of proposals, including the negotiation of environment improvement programs and licence conditions
2. Compliance monitoring of authorised activities and ensuring activities of environmental significance are undertaken in accordance with the Environment Protection Act 1993
3. Supporting the development, management and maintenance of specialist projects, programs, strategies and policies where required
Bachelor of Environmental Science, Environmental Management other equivalent degree qualification, with a strong environmental focus.
Mandatory training is required for Environment Protection Officers to become an Authorised Officer under the Environment Protection Act 1993. This role has been designated as a Position of Trust pursuant to the standards required in the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework. A current National Police Clearance and driver’s licence are essential. The incumbent will occasionally be required to travel to sites in country areas and interstate. The incumbent may also be required to work out of hours and as the need arises.
PO1 ($66,469 – $81,142 per annum) + 10.5% super.
A/Principal Adviser Waste Regulation
Phone Enquiries: 8204 2094
Email Enquiries: email@example.com
All applications must be submitted online. Please see attached ‘Guide to Applying’ for information on mandatory requirements for applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. The sector is diverse and desires to increase in diversity and to create opportunities for more South Australians.
Applications close: 05/10/2022 11:45 PM