Drawing on diverse and innovative experience of almost 30 years, NGH provides sustainable knowledge-based solutions for environmental management and impact assessment to a variety of private and public sector clients. The breadth of our experience is as diverse as the Australian landscape. Founded in regional NSW, NGH has grown to obtain national and international experience, and is considered an industry leader in renewable energy, having worked in this sector for almost 20 years. We see our key strength lies within our people and as an employer provide flexibility in the workplace and support for professional development.
NGH is seeking to establish a pool from experienced Fauna Spotter Catchers and Field Ecologists or those with fauna handling experience who are willing to learn (training provided) to join our Construction Services Team working across Southeast QLD, Central and North QLD, NSW or Vic depending on where you are based. On going work with excellent conditions offered to the right people. There is potential for full time work for the right candidate/s.
You will be exposed to a diverse range of biodiversity projects and work in collaboration with our ecologists and senior ecologists from our offices in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Wagga Wagga, Sydney, and Bega. Travel may be required for longer periods in regional or remote locations.
This exciting role will involve pre-clearance surveys for fauna habitat features, amphibian and invertebrate surveys, threatened flora and weed surveys, terrestrial and aquatic fauna capture and relocation during habitat clearing, nest box installation and monitoring, bird and bat monitoring. Ongoing training and support will be provided.
We will be looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Demonstrated competency of wildlife handling techniques with at least previous industry experience as a fauna spotter catcher, or similar role
- Good native fauna and flora identification skills
- Enjoy working outdoors with a passion for wildlife ecology
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work away from home
- Ability to engage in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Mature and sensible attitude, to undertake compliance with environmental, quality and safety policies
- Skills in field data collection and use of cloud-based applications and GPS devices
- Fit to work (our clients conduct random drug & alcohol tests) & pass police checks
- Construction industry experience with a willingness to learn new skills
- Holds an open manual vehicle licence
- Permanent Australian citizen
Desirable qualities include:
- Previous experience working in a construction environment
- Snake handling certificate or fauna handling accreditation
- Arboriculture certifications in tree climbing and operation of chain saw
- Qualifications or current enrolment in a recognised tertiary environmental science(ecology), natural resource management or a related discipline
- General construction induction card (White Card)
- Working safely at heights certification
- 4WD training
- Lyssavirus and Q Fever vaccinations
What’s on offer:
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Part of a successful and growing business
- Energetic and friendly team culture
- Diverse work environment
- Ethical client base
NGH is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. During recruitment, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and people of all ages. Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For candidates with any further questions relating to the position, please contact Josie Francis via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.