About the role
West Moreton Health Fire Safety & Security Officers provide a high-quality security service to patients, staff and visitors at various facilities within the West Moreton Hospital and Health Service (West Moreton Health). Fire Safety & Security Officers are required to provide proactive frontline services in relation to crime and fire prevention, protection of persons and the safeguard of property and assets.
Key responsibilities include;
- Actively prevent, intervene, investigate and report crime within West Moreton Health facilities.
- Control and regulate Queensland Health smoke-free health care initiatives and traffic control upon health service land, and issue infringement notices as appropriate.
- Ensure the safety of self and others by providing personal protection to staff confronting aggressive and volatile situations in the provision of front-line health services
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Experience or understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a Fire Safety and Security Officer within a healthcare setting or large multi-disciplinary establishment and proven ability managing security situations.
- Professional presentation with a high level of integrity and respect for others.
- High level interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact comfortably with patients, staff and visitors as well as being able to effectively negotiate and defuse aggressive behaviour.
- Effective written communication skills and proficient computer skills.
- Well-developed ability to function effectively as a team member and autonomously, using initiative in day-to-day problem solving and identification of important tasks, to prioritise and adjust workload to accommodate changes.
- Fit and capable to actively participate in strenuous physical tasks, such as restraint, within a healthcare setting
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.12/21and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community – Follow this link
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.