Graphic Designer – Web and Photography
Platypus Outdoors Group PLATATAC work with the army and police among other groups, Platypus Design Hub is our professional creative team
We require a Graphic Designer to join our Design Team operating out of head office in Hallam, Victoria, 3803. Successful applicants will be experienced, have a creative flair and are willing to work on a diverse range of projects. Your role will be to assist the Platypus Design Hub by maintaining the website, and creating web and design assets and photography.
The role includes (but is not limited to):
- Artistic and creative working on logos/badges through to developing clothing and merchandise
- Working on the front and back end of the company websites
- Working with Magento, HTML and CSS
- Creating and updating the company website
- Maintaining website back-end assets
- Working with Adobe CC
- Particularly Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Re-touching photos
- Creating media for multiple platforms.
- Working with Microsoft Office
- Creating finished artwork for production.
- Assisting with marketing projects
- Working with Suppliers local and international
- Deliver marketing and administration support to the PLATYPUS Sales effort.
- Prepare company advertising and marketing initiatives, including:
- Print media
- Product and web photography/video
- Social media
- Alternate websites;
- Other (as directed)
- All other tasks as required
Skills & experience required to effectively carry out the role are:
- In-depth knowledge of e-commerce platforms, more specifically Magento, HTML
- Experience with Coding
- Professional photographic skill, predominately studio photography for products Experience with EDM platforms, particularly Mailchimp
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe CC
- In-depth knowledge of all current SM platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
Desired but not required:
- Previous experience in a Graphic Design position, or related field.
- Previous experience in the sales or administration field.
- Previous experience with Designing apparel and textiles
- Across all current SM digital marketing strategies, (video, stories, etc)
- Previous experience with military/law enforcement
- A knowledge of Pre-press and setting up material for marketing and print
- Print media experience.
- Interest or previous experience in the Military, Law Enforcement and Outdoors industry.
The right person will:
- Possess a relevant tertiary qualification
- Have experience in a relevant role
- Have the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have professional and personal flexibility
- Be a well-organised individual who approaches their work professionally, at all times
- Ability to handle multiple projects with short deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal relations
- Have good verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Possess high attention to detail
- Possess a “can-do“ attitude with a keen focus on what “can” be done, not what “cannot” be done
- Possess a desire to continually develop, improve and be ambitious
- Be driven to achieve results whilst never losing sight of the “big-picture”
Applicants who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.