Mangoola Coal is a modern open cut coal operation within Glencore Coal Assets Australia, located approximately 20 kilometres west of Muswellbrook and 10 kilometres north of Denman in the scenic wine growing and tourism region of the Hunter Valley. Mangoola Coal is proud to support of the local community and has received multiple awards and industry recognition for environmental excellence and safety.
The site produces 10mtpa of export coal with extensive coal reserves to support a long mine life. The mine operates a fleet of large mining equipment including Liebherr excavators 996B/9400/9250, Caterpillar 793D and 789C rear dump trucks and Caterpillar ancillary equipment. With the latest proven technology, a sound resource and a growing dynamic team culture, Mangoola Coal is an industry leading operation.
We are looking for highly dedicated Health & Safety Coordinator to join our highly motivated and results-driven team. This position is permanent full time, working a Monday to Friday roster.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical advice and support on the Safety Management System application across all departments.
- Development and implementation of Health and Safety Systems in compliance with legal and company requirements[RA(-A1] .
- Developing and implementing site hygiene monitoring and fitness for work programs.
- Managing workers compensation and rehabilitation processes.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the site Emergency Response and Crisis Management Plans.
- Maintaining systems to manage the appropriate monitoring of employee exposure to industrial hazards.
- Providing all employees with adequate skills and knowledge regarding safe systems of work, policies and procedures to enable them to carry out their work in a safe environment.
- You will have a thorough understanding of NSW statutory obligations relevant to Workplace Health and Safety.
- You will have a Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety at a minimum.
- You will have a certificate in Rehabilitation Coordination and previous experience with Workers Compensation cases.
- You have a high regard for your personal safety and the safety of your teammates.
- You have the ability to follow a plan and the resilience to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- You demonstrate a positive attitude, reliability, and commitment to working proactively.
- You are a team player with a high level of safety awareness, an attitude for outstanding performance, and a willingness to contribute to a winning team.
What we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package including short-term performance-based bonuses
- Health Benefits – On-site Physiotherapy and Subsidised gym memberships
- 5 Weeks annual leave per year
- A focus on your career progression including formal training and Personal Development Plans
- Provision for Education Assistance if you are wanting to further your studies
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Ability to salary sacrifice mortgage interest; rent; utilities for eligible candidates
- Ability to apply for Flexible Working Arrangements (including work from home) for eligible candidates.
The success of Mangoola Coal will be built on the dedication of its employees.
Mangoola’s Match Winning Equation:
Safe People x Deliver on the Plan x Match Winning Values = Our Championship Future
For further information please contact: Robin Hendry +61 409 589 644
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 August 2022