About the Home
Bupa Banora Point is a delightful care home set in a suburb of Tweed Heads in the Northern Rivers region of NSW. You’ll be close to the local community with shops, parks, schools and churches nearby. It consists of 103 beds, with a variety of care units. Our primary goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents.
- Supportive, collaborative, and caring team culture
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working shifts and arrangements
- Relocation and accommodation assistance available
- Internal transfers across our care homes
About the Role
As a Hospitality Assistant, you will help deliver an exceptional customer experience to residents, families, and visitors at the Care Home. You will deliver the highest quality person-first care to residents in line with their individual care plan, by assisting them with their individual (non-clinical) needs and preferences, such as delivery of newspapers, selection of meals from dining menus, and preparation of daily attire and grooming (brushing hair/applying lipstick).
We have a variety of Full-Time, Part-Time, and Casual vacancies.
- Connect residents with family/loved ones via video, phone, and passing on messages
- Distribute meals to residents in their preferred locations such as lounge rooms, dining rooms or bedrooms
- Ensure dining areas are maintained, plates cleared, tables wiped
- Help residents keep their rooms tidy, and ensure communal areas in the Care home are well presented
- Provide residents with companionship and social interaction, understanding the importance of connecting with a resident through conversation
- Assist residents to engage in daily activities as defined by the lifestyle team, or in line with resident interests and choices such as painting nails, doing puzzles or reading the newspaper with them
- Provide additional support to reception with incoming queries
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in hospitality, customer service, or in an aged care setting
- The ability to work as part of a tight knit team and take direction as required
- Excellent communication, high empathy, strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ideally you would have flexible availability for a variety of shifts throughout the week
We all share the same purpose at Bupa Aged Care. Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We take pride in delivering high-quality care with a personal touch. Bupa champions a unique agile culture, one that adapts to your needs as a member of our team. Our focus is not limited to our residents but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you with tools you need to achieve a fulfilling career.
How to Apply
Click Apply to be taken to our online application process. As part of your application, you will be asked to complete pre-employment checks.
Bupa Villages and Aged Care is a NDIS approved provider. As part of the NDIS scheme, employees working within a NDIS facility, in a risk assessed role, must have a completed NDIS check. This is part of compliance and needs to be completed prior to commencement – successful applicants will have this cost reimbursed upon commencement.
IMPORTANT: All aged care workers must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza, and have the relevant COVID and Booster vaccinations in line with State legislation. Evidence of these vaccinations will be required prior to commencement.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.