Department of Justice and Community Safety
- Utilise your organisational expertise to provide support and advice
- Ongoing opportunity to work with a high-performing and passionate team in the Victorian Public Service
- VPS Grade 2: $55,439 – $71,194 plus superannuation
About the Business Unit
The Metropolitan Remand Centre is a 954-bed maximum-security facility for unsentenced male offenders located within the West Metropolitan Region, Department of Justice.
About the Role
At the Metropolitan Remand Centre (MRC) each Justice Officer role specialises in one of five streams – Records/Property, Human Resources, Stores/Canteen, Infrastructure/Technology/Finance and Administration. Over time, and with appropriate support and training, Justice Officers may be rotated between these streams to provide career enhancement opportunities to those staff, and operational flexibility to the prison.
As the Justice Officer – Stores/Canteen you will be required to:
- Greet and liaise with clients and stakeholders and provide accurate advice and information in relation to justice services in accordance with business processes.
- Deliver justice services and maintain accurate, confidential records and provide statistical reports in line with agreed standards and local operating procedures.
- As part of the Stores and Canteen team, provide business services related to Stores, Canteen, and procurement for the Metropolitan Remand Centre.
- Assist in serving prisoners in the Prisoner’s Shop, organising, and maintaining special spends and updating prisoner records on SPEND and ARUNTA systems.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Well-developed computer literacy.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Understanding of store and warehousing operations including associated stock management, delivery / service requirements and OH&S practices.
- Forklift License desirable.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
FOR INTERNAL VPS EMPLOYEES:
For this particular vacancy, priority consideration applies to Victorian Public Service (VPS) and select employees of the Victorian Public Sector who apply through the Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) jobs board platform.
For all VPS employees, due to the new Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) policy, please apply through the JSE to be eligible to be considered for this position in the first round.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department’s obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
At interview stage and prior to commencement of employment with the department, you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 with three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Upon commencement of employment with the department you will be required to provide evidence that you have an up-to-date vaccination status within the timelines specified by the department into the DJCS Service Portal. This includes evidence of three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine required by the department (from time to time).
Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate (available via your myGov account)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account)
Other documentation outside the above will not be accepted as evidence of having received your COVID-19 vaccine doses.