- Level 2 Driver Assistance
- Parkes Depot
- Several roles available
Pacific National is looking for Locomotive Drivers in training to work at our Parkes Depot to support our Freight operations. The role reports into the supervisor and you will be working on a blank line roster.
The primary objective of a Locomotive Driver is to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, accountability, integrity and teamwork.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Rail industry and/or freight experience is advantageous
- Cert IV in Train Driving / qualified or second person/ driver assistant is advantageous
- A display a high regard for safety environment
- A basic level of computer literacy
- A focus on customer needs and supporting continuous improvement
- A current full motor vehicle licence
- Available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration, and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of : Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Applications close on 14 October 2022
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.