- Medical terminology
- Customer service
It is the purpose of this role to provide administrative and systems support in relation to confidential patient medical records within a hospital setting both digital and historical, and to ensure that digital images are available for patient presentations in the Integrated Electronic Medical Record (ieMR).
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect – demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork – collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion – is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance – cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health’s vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity – demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
- Proven ability in acute attention to detail in the processing of medical records to ensure patient information is relayed within stringent timeframes to meet critical appointments and displaying a high degree of quality
- Proficiency in the application of computerised information systems and applications in particular KOFAX Software and ieMR PowerChart, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of basic medical terminology to extract and interpret pertinent information for patient medical records and hospital information systems
- Interpersonal and communication skills ensuring the provision of excellent customer service to both internal and external clients
- Ability to exercise judgement in processing urgent and non-urgent requests for patient records to ensure timely continuity of patient care and funding reimbursement in a health care environment.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, support and assisting colleagues in a proactive manner.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
Job ad reference number: RBH457806 Close date: Tuesday, 6th December 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTEDThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.