Our team is growing! Excellent opportunity for a Middle Office & Business Control Analyst to join our Global Energy Management & Sales (GEMS) ANZ business to provide performance analysis for ENGIE ANZ merchant books, at every step of the performance management cycle (budget, daily profit/loss (P/L), monthly analysis and P/L forecast). The Middle Office and Business Control Analyst will be fully involved in all the daily operational activities of a dynamic trading environment.
The role will be accountable to the Head of Middle Office & Business Control and can be worked flexibly from home and our Southbank office.
Reasonable requests for part time work will be considered.
- Analyse and deliver the daily economic P/L for GEMS ANZ including relevant commentary and for the merchant books of the other business units in ENGIE ANZ
- Investigate on all P/L related issues and detect deviations in the evolution of the results and initiate corrective
- Understand & challenge the reserves impacting the P/L
- Establish the P/L budget and medium-term plan with input from front office and leadership teams
- Analyse and explain the monthly results of the trading books
- Support GEMS ANZ Trading and Commercial teams on reports, analysis and performance
To be successful in this role, you will have a good understanding of accounting mechanisms (both industrial and trading) and market finance (hedging, derivatives, etc), of the gas and power business and associated trading strategies.
You are action oriented and can hold self and others accountable to meet commitments. You have a collaborative work style with effective communication skills and can manage complexity whilst driving results
Ideally, you will possess experience using trading transaction systems or have the ability and a keen willingness to learn.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter addressing each of the key responsibilities, together with your up-to-date resume.
All applicants must have unlimited rights to work in Australia.
Please note we consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Government and some client directions regarding vaccination against COVID-19 apply to various aspects of ENGIE’s work across Australia. If your application is successful, ENGIE may require you to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 as necessary to comply with any such government and client directions that apply to your work in this position.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, carer’s responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, marital status, health, disability or political opinions. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people of the LGBTIQA+ community are encouraged to apply. Our differences are our strengths!
About ENGIE Australia & New Zealand:
ENGIE Australia & New Zealand, a joint venture with Mitsui & Co Ltd, is accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral economy by providing innovative, sustainable energy solutions to households, businesses, communities and cities.
Our mission is to accelerate and support the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions.
We have 1,100MW of low-carbon generation capacity and more than 2,000MW of renewable energy under development. Our retail business, Simply Energy, has more than 700,000 customer accounts around Australia.
We’re also delivering sustainability solutions to cities, precincts and universities through our ENGIE Net Zero Energy Solutions team.
ENGIE’s trading arm, Global Energy Management (GEM) provides long-energy supply agreements, energy trading, risk management and asset management services to business customers across the ENGIE ANZ portfolio.
Our Business Units
Thermal & Supply
- Simply Energy is one of Australia’s fastest growing energy retailers, with more than 750,000 electricity and gas customer accounts in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales, Western Australia, The Australian Capital Territory and Queensland.
- 1,000MW of low-carbon generation capacity located in South Australia
- The Hazelwood Rehabilitation Project is a dedicated business stream leading the safe, stable and sustainable rehabilitation of the former Hazelwood Power Station and Mine, which ceased operation in 2017
- Development, operation and maintenance of large-scale assets – predominantly in wind, solar and industrial-scale battery storage – as well as integrating hydrogen as an alternative energy source.
- ENGIE Net Zero Energy Solutions builds long-term partnerships that deliver net zero outcomes for communities.
- By integrating infrastructure, technology and services, we design, build and operate environmentally-friendly solutions, such as Green Mobility and energy storage, that support and accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral economy.
Global Energy Management & Sales (GEMS)
- GEMS has 20 years’ presence in energy markets worldwide and offers services including risk management solutions, market access, asset management and optimisation, gas off-take, investment services, physical supply and logistics management, economic research, market analysis and M&A facilitation for energy producers.
- GEMS tailors solutions, such as PPAs, to the specific needs of corporate clients, with a strong focus on decarbonation and decentralisation, matching our clients’ growing needs to lower their carbon footprint and source greener energy with those of renewable asset owners.