At KPMG Australia, we work with some of the most exciting, innovative and important businesses in Australia. We have entered an exciting period of growth and we are looking for incredible and diverse individuals to join our dynamic and growing Western Australian team. Our vision is to be the clear choice transformation partner by connecting capabilities and conquering complexity to drive outcomes we’re proud of in partnership with our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about working directly with major global organisations in the Sector to ensure they have access to the services, skills and networks they require to support their businesses.
As a Business Development Executive you will be responsible for driving new business through execution of the sales strategy and building a portfolio of successful high growth relationships for KPMG. You’ll work closely with Executives to ensure they gain access to the relevant KPMG products and services that will accelerate their achievement of critical milestones and supercharge the speed and scale of their success.
The role will require both internal and external stakeholder management. As a Business Development Executive you will build deep relationships across the firm and with KPMG senior management individuals, working together to scope potential startup client engagements, promote go-to-market offerings, manage sales and pipeline development and drive customer acquisition activities.
How are you extraordinary?
As a Business Development Executive, you will be required to:
Drive lead generation activities & deal execution
- Develop appropriate target lists and maintain a cadence led, lead generation appropriate to build sales pipeline
- Identify new customer opportunities to build and maintain a qualified opportunity pipeline by engaging directly with customer prospects and personally leading development of those relationships
- Understand the competitive positioning and messaging in relation to key clients; ensure that intelligence is shared with the team and actioned across key client opportunities
- Plan and drive the process of structuring engagement deals with startup clients, and help define the negotiation and approach strategies for target accounts
- Be responsible for monitoring and employing proper CRM processes with respect to pipeline and deal performance
- Prepare and provide regular reviews to the team regarding progress made and roadblocks being faced
Develop extensive internal and external networks & market insights
- Engage with KPMG colleagues and build whole of firm relationships with staff at all levels, including partners to facilitate continuous engagement on pipeline opportunities
- Proactively attend industry or related events and network with external peers / industry contacts.
- Establish a professional, specialist persona in market by developing an ecosystem wide network and actively posting on start-up related content on social channels including Linkedin
- Continuously nurture and expand sales, industry, and market knowledge and capabilities
- Bring new ideas and methods to share with team members to ensure that best practice is maintained, client and sector intelligence is communicated, and the team maintains a good understanding of what is selling well and current market trends
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Business development experience, including holding commercial negotiations in fast-paced organisations.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of Energy sector trends, issues, needs and recent developments, including a genuine passion to work with start-ups
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills in drive outcomes
- Ability to drive collaboration and knowledge sharing across teams
- A proven ability to create compelling proposals and value propositions including proficiencies with the tools to develop proposals (e.g excel, powerpoint)
- Experience with CRM systems (dynamics preferred) and use of data in sales cycle.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. We partner with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, drive disruption, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact Talent Support Team .
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.