About the role
Are you a skilled and experienced youth worker committed to providing culturally responsive, early intervention support? Are you passionate about holistic, client centred practice to provide specialist individual support to young people using violence in the home? Do you want to work for an organisation at the forefront of empowering young people from a migrant or refugee background? Then this may just be the job you’ve been waiting for.
Led by Melbourne City Mission (MCM), in partnership with CMY, the Restart Program is a trauma-informed, healing-focused and flexible program designed to support young people using violence in the home to recognise the violence and adapt their behaviours; to manage triggers to using violence; and support their family members to be safe.
The Centre for Multicultural Youth is seeking to appoint a Multicultural Youth Worker (AVITH) to work closely with our partner, MCM, to delivery key components of the Working Together Program.
The Multicultural Youth Worker will:
The Restart Multicultural Youth Worker will contribute to an integrated service delivery model, providing specialist expertise in engaging with multicultural young people and their families. The role will play a key function in providing support to multicultural young people who are using violence in the home and their families. This includes targeted support to address their use of violence and make supported referrals to specialist and therapeutic services and supports.
- Hours: 4 hours per week (0.8FTE), Part Time
- Fixed Term: until June 30 2024
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4 ): $77,577.76 per annum plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: Sunshine
- Applications Close: 5 pm, Wednesday the 7th of December
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 12th December 2022
You will have
- Demonstrated experience of working young people from a refugee and migrant background, their families and communities, particularly within early intervention frameworks.
- Sound understanding of the definitions, impacts and complexity of family violence and AVITH, and the current service sector response
- Well-developed interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills with proven ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people including colleagues, young people, families, communities and external organisations.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver a wide range of client centred, culturally responsive individual or group work interventions, including best practice case management.
- Experience in record keeping, data collection, evaluation and reporting, and well developed organisational, communication and administrative skills.
For more information
- On the role, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
- On CMY, visit http://www.cmy.net.au/about-us
- Contact person for the role: Bec Lean 8594 1563
Position Description : CMY286 Multicultural Youth Worker- Restart (AVITH) Nov22
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document outlining examples/a response addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. This can be included in your cover letter or a separate document.
- Documents must be in MS Word or PDF format
- For guidelines on for a job at CMY please read here
- For tips on how to respond to Key Selection Criteria, please read here : Careers Vic Gov – Guide
- Email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <insert your name> CMY286
Please quote in application: Multicultural Youth Worker- Restart (AVITH) (CMY286) via Pro Bono Australia.
Profession: #Community_Services, #Social_and_Support_Work