Founded in 1882, Brighton Grammar is an Anglican school passionate about developing, inspiring and guiding each boy to achieve his personal best in every way. The School’s cutting-edge teaching and learning techniques, supported by a research centre, attract the best minds in education.
We are currently seeking a talented and accomplished Violin/Viola Tutor to join the Strings team within our highly regarded Music Department. Note: the successful incumbent will be required to work on a Wednesday from 7.30am to 2.45pm.
As our Violin/Viola Tutor you will be responsible for delivering lessons in the Violin/Viola to students of a variety of ages across our Junior and Secondary Schools. Involvement in additional Creative Arts projects may be required from time to time, as is the ability to be actively involved in all areas of the Music program of the School.
Key requirements for this role include:
- Relevant skills and experience in musicianship and tutelage of the Violin/Viola, with experience in a school environment being highly desirable.
- Advanced skills as a Violin/Viola Tutor.
- Current experience tutoring students (all levels) in accordance with the VCE and/or AMEB syllabi.
- A demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with students that build and maintain student engagement.
- Experience conducting orchestral or string ensembles is highly desirable.
- A current Working with Children Check and evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status is essential for this position.
Why work for us?
- Work within a team of Strings tutors.
- Opportunity to grow student numbers.
- Supportive and engaging team environment.
- Competitive hourly rate.
Want to find out more?
To view the position description or to apply, click on the ‘Apply’ button to be redirected to our secure online recruitment portal.
For enquiries, please contact the Human Resources Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated with strictest confidence.
Applications close: Monday 11th July. Please note: shortlisting and interviews will begin prior to the application closing date.
Brighton Grammar School is fully committed to the protection of children. The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policies.