Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
WHY THIS ROLE MATTERS
The Salvation Army Australia’s Port Augusta Homelessness Service provides high quality, person-centred services to people at risk, and or experiencing homelessness. We support all cohorts in case management, outreach support and referral to other specialist services. Our philosophy is that every person deserves dignity, respect and quality of service and that no one should be without a safe, affordable and secure home.
We are seeking a values-driven dedicated Program Manager who will be responsible for managing all operations in the Homelessness Services in Port Augusta (both Common Ground and Generic Homeless Services).
You must be able to build and maintain positive team culture, and can demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills by building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate a commitment to service excellence.
THE ROLE YOU COULD PLAY
- Responsible for providing expert case practice advice to staff in the management of clients with multiple and complex needs
- Responsible for leading, managing and developing teams to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to our clients in the Port Augusta community.
- Developing and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders with the Country North Alliance and other local stakeholders
- Accountable for service performance and outcome reporting
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Degree qualification in social work, welfare, or related field, and / or management is desirable, and relevant experience in a social service environment
- Experience supervising staff and managing a budget
- Understanding of the SA Homelessness & Housing service system, including legislative requirements
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders including representatives in Government Departments
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
YOUR LIFE AT THE SALVOS
- Maybe eligible to NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our people. Please note that The Salvation Army has a mandatory vaccination procedure.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration