ISLAMIC INFORMATION CENTRE OF SA
The Islamic Information Centre of South Australia (IICSA) is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of services to the South Australian community.
>Public lectures and seminars
>General public and government sponsored events such as ‘Eid festivals’
Arabic language courses
>Islamic School services
>Organized sports teams such as Adelaide Thunder FC
>Recreational activities & events
>Islamic educational services for Muslims, reverts & the wider community
Programs Administrator (Minister of Religion)
ISLAMIC INFORMATION CENTRE OF SA INC.
Community Services & Development
Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
$50,000 – $59,999
(ANZCO 51112) – Skill Level 2
Islamic Information Centre of SA Inc.
1/53 Henley Beach Rd, Mile End, SA 5031 (Adelaide)
Community Services / Programs Administrator / Minister of Religion
Full Time, 12 Months Contract, 38 hour p/w
Are you experienced in administration or programs work and looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to be part of a team that supports stakeholders for the benefit of the South Australian Muslims and the wider South Australia community at large? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programs Administrator. A talent pool will be created for future vacancies that may arise.
The Islamic Information Centre of SA Inc (IICSA) delivers vital programs and services to assist South Australian Muslim children, young people their families and the wider South Australian community including non-Muslims across multiple avenues of community services programs.
We provide services to better work together to support the community access essential services, firstly, by empowering members of the local Muslim community by serving their needs, be they spiritual, physical, or emotional. Secondly, by sharing the values of Islam with all members of the Australian community through community engagement festivals, educational programs and various other avenues.
Skills and experience
Ideally Have, 5 years minimum experience in programs administration/minister of religious services role is essential – please do not apply if this is not applicable to you. An academic educational background to the level of a PhD in an area of the religious sciences.
The successful candidate will also;
- Have a quick pace problem-solving attitude
- The ability to follow up and get results
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Be a team player, willing to support and assist other leadership personnel
- Be organised, highly motivated with a can-do attitude
The successful candidate will be required to
- Assist with programming, community / stakeholder liaising & engagement and manage site teams and personnel
- prepare and conduct services of public worship and acknowledgments of faith
- prepare and deliver sermons, homilies and special talks, and planning recitations for services
- participate in the social and welfare activities of communities, encouraging people to be aware of their responsibilities, and organising participation in community projects
- conduct classes of religious instruction, and supervising prayer and discussion groups, retreats, and seminars
- conduct premarital and family counselling and referring people to professional service agencies where necessary
- performing marriages, funerals, and special memorial services according to tradition, religious and civil law
- visit members of the community in their homes, hospitals, and other institutions to provide advice and religious comfort (especially end-of-life palliative care individuals)
- keeping records as required by the religious and civil law
The successful candidate additionally will require:
- Bilingual fluency in English & Arabic to be able to seamlessly interact with target audiences, migrants/new arrivals & refugee populations of our target communities
- Have a high level of organisational skills and professional approach
- Ability to work both as part of an existing great team and alone
- To be punctual, agile, and trustworthy
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $59,999.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Covid safe plan in place. Applying authorised measures according to government directives.
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
Application Deadline: 25/02/2023