Topcon Positioning Systems 4.3★
Topcon Precision Agriculture (TPA) is a subsidiary of Topcon Positioning Systems Inc. (TPS). TPA develops and manufactures leading-edge satellite positioning and guidance systems, electronic controls, mapping, monitoring, and land leveling solutions for agriculture.
As part of the Product Development Management (PDM)’s Project Management team, this Software Project Manager role supports development and release of critical Topcon Software products and helps to drive improvements in the Software Product Development Lifecycle Process.
- Representing Project Management, become key liaison/coordinator between cross functional teams across global offices including but not limited to global software engineering teams.
- Coordinate, manage and provide visibility into R&D, Development, Sustaining software projects.
- Responsible for driving projects through Product Development Lifecycle
- Through collaboration with cross functional team, develop then regularly track and manage resource plans, schedules, budgets, and cost of goods for software projects.
- Coordinate with other global Solution/System Managers and Project Managers to ensure alignment of cross-product dependencies for solution product releases.
- Provide regular updates on project status, through project collaboration spaces and cross functional team meetings, to cross functional team and stakeholders
- Work with product management team to ensure product use cases and market requirements are understood by development team prior to finalizing project plan and starting development
- Work closely with development teams to ensure technical, safety and test requirements & tasks fulfill market requirements
- Facilitate regular communications between project stakeholders and development teams to ensure deliverables stay consistent with agreed upon project scope.
- Manage scope changes during development; generate change impact assessment and gather appropriate approvals before implementation
- Facilitate gate review and lessons learned meetings throughout the project
- Anticipate bottlenecks, identify, and analyze risk, propose tradeoffs, escalate to management to help meet business objectives.
- Drive projects through launch and project closeout.
- Work with of stakeholders that have competing urgencies to clearly prioritize projects for development teams and manage expectations to ensure project successes.
- Continuously champion company processes and drive improvements to existing systems
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Project/Program Management in an engineering organization.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Desktop and Mobile application development, Enterprise solutions, Web and Cloud solutions, Agriculture Technologies and/or IT Backend development
- Practical experience in Software Development and with Software Development Processes
- Demonstrated skills successfully managing complex programs with multi-discipline teams.
- Experience working with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing external contractors.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in making decisions to support business priorities and objectives.
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence, or other ALM tools an asset.
- Experience developing and/or implementing company processes and improvements.
- Previous experience in ISO safety standards, ASPICE an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proactive and motivated self-starter with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of project development methodologies and Software development processes (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of GNSS, Construction or Agriculture Machine Control Technologies, Fleet and/or Device Management an asset
- Knowledge of ISO safety and Cybersecurity standards, ASPICE an asset
- Ability to work with engineering leads and directors from global teams to manage project schedules, milestones, budgets, resource conflicts and deliverables.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills. English fluency a must.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations and technologies
- Confidently represent the project development team in stakeholder discussions and escalate concerns when necessary
- Exceptional time management, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Meisterplan, Arena, and SAP considered an asset
- Ability to travel