Rates and Receivables Officer – City of Stirling
Are you a detail-orientated team player, with a proactive approach to use their accounts receivable experience to make a difference? Are you ready to be part of a supportive and passionate team with a high level of customer service? The City of Stirling’s Finance team has a rare opportunity for a permanent full-time Rates and Receivables Officer to join our Rates team.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and dynamic candidate who is passionate about building and expanding upon their current skill level, who can bring fresh ideas and make an impact on a collaborative and positive team culture.
You will also have an opportunity to work on some exciting projects such as developing the City’s Collection Strategy for Rates and Sundry Debtors as well as being a part of the project to developing the City’s online customer portal.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of Team Stirling, you’ll share our commitment to enhancing choice, opportunity, and prosperity for our community by:
- Experience working in a high-volume customer experience environment, with the ability to problem solve, process work quickly and accurately with high attention to detail
- High levels of personal commitment and integrity
- Self-motivated to succeed and work well under pressure
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, prioritise workloads and achieve objectives
- Have superb interpersonal skills and an upbeat “can-do” attitude, boasting a proactive and adaptable approach to tasks and a strong desire to get things completed
- Professional and courteous phone manner; strong customer service focused and positive mindset with strong customer management, relationship, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional ability to build long-lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement culture
- Being tech savvy and analytical in your work
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel and Outlook
This is a rare opportunity to join a progressive rates team in one of the largest WA Local Governments and have a positive impact on the community.
Rates and Receivables experience is not necessary for this role and all legislation will be taught in house.
As a leading West Australian local government, the City of Stirling is a place where people choose to live, work, visit and invest. We strive to serve our diverse community through providing efficient, responsive and sustainable services. Each year we deliver a range of innovative projects and community programs designed to create vibrant, accessible and thriving neighbourhoods.
The City has a workforce of around 1400 people and a genuine commitment to invest in our employees to achieve an inclusive, diverse, engaged and capable workforce. We are recognised for supporting work-life balance through a wide range of flexible work options and offering a range of policies and benefits to create opportunities and an enjoyable and fulfilling employment experience.