About Our Opportunity
Sitting within the Canberra Office, the Receptionist/Administration Assistant will be responsible for contributing to the successful client centric management of Taxation Services at Australian Unity Trustees. This role will be responsible for assisting the Tax and Finance team predominantly with the provision of administrative services and data entry as well as the operation of the reception area of the ACT office which entails answering of telephone calls and the management of client appointments.
This position requires the ability to work collaboratively with the team and ensure clients have a positive experience when they contact or arrive at the ACT office.
What You Will Do
- Answer, screen and transfer incoming calls as well as contact clients to arrange appointments and gather information
- Support the Tax and Finance team with the provision of data entry and other administrative services
- Support the Tax and Finance team with contacting clients for signing, missing information and reminders
- Maintain up to date and accurate client records
- Assist with the archival of files and entry of data into systems
- Represent the business in a professional manner in liaising with clients
- Manage the reception calendar and client appointments
What we are looking for
- Previous reception experience is a must
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts
- Strong experience using MS Office, including word, excel and outlook and willingness to learn and work with a range of software packages
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a busy environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What Makes Us, Us
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth, and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of more than 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members, and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
There Are Four Key Attributes That Set Us Apart
- Good people: We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth, and expertise of our people.
- Wellbeing experts: Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
- Long-term commitment: As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
- Driving positive impact: Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with our values of bold, warm, and honest
You will enjoy a range of great employee benefits and rewards including:
- Competitive Remuneration and variable bonus
- A range of attractive product and service discounts from Australian Unity’s Retail and Wealth Management portfolio – including health insurance and banking products
- Flexible Working Arrangements including Work-From-Home days with a real work-life balance
- Available access to LinkedIn Learning courses through our great Learning platform
- Additional paid Wellbeing and Volunteer leave days yearly
Please note that all Australian Unity employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19. Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.