With an unrivalled and expansive network, Global Express builds unique, innovative, and tailored transport and logistics solutions.
From a shipload of containers full of fresh produce, urgent medical deliveries on the next available flight, end-to-end retail to every corner, or simply delivering gifts to friends and family you dearly miss; be it by road or rail, we connect people, communities, and businesses across Australia and New Zealand.
Backed by Allegro Funds, Australia’s most awarded and largest transformation and turnaround private equity firm, we’re looking to the future and working towards new and exciting ways to put our customers’ businesses at the heart of ours.
The Regional HSE Business Partner is responsible for driving the proactive implementation and continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) culture, strategy, plan and performance across a region. You will also be required to demonstrate safety leadership through coaching and development of the Operational Teams and workforce on HSE practices and responsibilities. Ensuring the highest quality support is provided to stakeholders through all HSE aspects of operations, this role will report to the Senior Manager HSE and some of your other responsibilities will be:
- Engage in the HSE cultural change program, including provision of support and initiatives to line management to achieve the goal of genuine care workplace
- Actively support and assist in the consultation and successful implementation of the Health Safety Environment Quality (HSEQ) Management System and liaise with key stakeholders to action HSE matters and ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with our HSE standards and procedures and other compliance obligations to ensure safety to our people, the community and the environment
- Develop and review Site HSE Plans, in partnership with key business stakeholders ensuring alignment with Global Express HSE Plan and assist the business in achieving all objectives and targets
- Participate in management review and management of change activities
- Assist with the development/ review of risk assessments (or similar) ensuring correct completion and alignment with TGE requirements
- Identify, monitor and communicate relevant legislative requirements and changes
- Support the HSE Bids and Tenders process by providing bespoke information in an accurate and timely manner &
- Assist with the planning and coordination of emergency preparedness and business continuity activities, including training and emergency response exercises.
Ideally you are:
Tertiary qualified in relevant Health and Safety; degree program preferred
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience within Health and Safety with proven leadership and teamwork skills and demonstrated ability to influence others operationally and strategically within a Health and Safety environment
- Experience in logistics and or transport industry will be highly regarded
- Certified in Incident Cause Analysis Methodology (ICAM)
- High level of negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of competence in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills &
- Exceptional time management skills
We believe nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace, which celebrates different points of view and gives everyone the chance to contribute, as we build to a bigger and brighter future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
It’s never been a more exciting time to join our team as we take the next step in our journey.
To find out more about us, visit https://www.tgexpress.com.au/careers [link removed]
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rose Filippone 0409236061 or alternatively apply to the position via the link.