The Regional Support Officer, AO6 is a role in which you will:
- Monitor regional expenditure and performance against budget/revenue targets, propose remedial strategies and action where required and ensure compliance with the Departments accounting and financial standards.
- Provide advice and strategies with regards to best practice management to the Regional Director on financial administration and budgetary activities including the coordination and preparation of regional budget allocations, reporting and cash flo projections.
- Co-ordinate human resource management activities in the region including recruitment and selection; establishment management; training; Workplace Health and Safety (WPH&S) and Performance Planning and Review; and provide administrative assistance with employee discipline, complaints and appeals as required.
- Co-ordinate regional responses to audits, stocktakes, systems appraisals and other corporate governance requirements.
- Provide advice and strategies on effective and efficient use of utilities and facilities including accommodation, vehicles, telecommunications and monitor records management and archiving requirements.
- Provide ongoing direction and advice to other regional administrative employees and maintain databases including regional intranet pages to ensure provision of information with regards to administrative processes are appropriate for the region.
- Review and evaluate administrative and reporting systems and recommen improvements to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the preparation of briefing notes, ministerial responses, business planning processes, monthly reports and other information requests ensuring deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinate meetings and liaison activities with various stakeholders, clients, traditional owners and employee member groups including preparation of presentations, minute taking and the co-ordination of actions resulting from these.
- Foster a workplace culture that supports and promotes the interests of First Nations people and actively engage through our work to contribute to better outcomes for First Nations people.
Applications will remain current for 12 months.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.