SEA LIFE 3.3★
Retail & Cafe Attendant
Darling Harbour Attractions
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as a casual Commercial Attendant at our Darling Harbour Attractions, part of the Merlin Entertainments group.
About the Role
Reporting to the Retail Manager you will be responsible for operating our Commercial outlets across SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and Madame Tussauds Sydney.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide Excellent customer service to all guests in commercial units across the Darling Harbour attractions
- Build and maintain shop displays to maximise visitor spending; including cleaning and re-stocking Retail and F&B displays
- Ensure correct stock and food handling procedures are always followed.
- Ensure all commercial deliveries are checked appropriately on arrival, stock records are correct and any applicable food items are at the food safe temperature at arrival, and stored appropriately
- Attain a high level of product knowledge in each of the attraction units in order to assist customers in making choices.
- Keep informed and adherence to merlin Food Safety and Cash Handling policies
- Inform Supervisors when stock and food lines are low
- Assist with stocktake when required
- Maintaining a high degree of accuracy when using shop tills and EFTPOS machines to reduce variances
To shine in this role, you will ideally have strong customer service skills and experience in retail and/or hospitality. A passion for working in the tourism/attraction industry is essential.
You will be able to work consistent weekends with some weekday availability. You will also have full availability over NSW school holiday periods.
You will also have:
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional Customer Service Experience
- Previous experience with handling cash, processing transactions and strong numeracy skills.
- Intermediate PC Skills
- Food safety awareness
- Ability to act as Area Warden (where applicable)
- An energetic and flexible approach
- Proven ability to problem solve and use initiative
- Exceptional communication skills
- Customer complaint resolution or escalation
- Appreciation and attention to H&S policy and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Can work both autonomously, but most importantly in a team environment
The hourly rate for this role starts at $28.45, and other benefits include
- Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide
- Domestic and global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career in tourism and attractions
- Being part of a business built on fun.
Merlin Entertainments is the company behind iconic brands like SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, and Peppa Pig World of Play. We operate in over 130 attractions across 25 countries, delivering memorable experiences to 54 million+ visitors a year. In Australia and New Zealand, we have 10 attractions, including SEA LIFE, Wild Life, Madame Tussauds, and the Fly Treetop Adventures, amongst others.
Merlin Entertainments is driven by a strong social responsibility with the vision to create a world where the global community respects, conserves, and sustainably manages our precious aquatic habitats, wildlife, and natural resources. We strive to achieve this goal through our 3 charities: Merlins Magic Wand, the SEA LIFE Trust, and the WILD LIFE Conservation Fund.
So, if you are vibrant and passionate about delivering an amazing service within a great company and in a team who loves what we do – then we want to hear from you!
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we’ll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.