When you join Kathmandu, you join more than just a retailer, you join a brand that was born out of a passion for the outdoors over 30 years ago. Today we are still passionate about getting out there because we believe that; outside is where we live our best lives, and out there makes us feel good! We want everyone no matter who you are, where you live, or how you live to get “out there”.
Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mind-set, pushing to ask if we’re out there enough and can we do better? We encourage our leaders and teams to bring their best every day. As a result of this we are rated #1 2022 in the AFR Best Places to Work in Retail, Hospitality and Tourism.
We believe that business is a force for good and putting people and the planet first. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
As a Sales Assistant at Kathmandu, you will support the Store Management team in the successful and efficient running of the store. You will have a customer centric ethos with a passion for sales and customer service.
- Support the Store Manager in the profitable running of the store
- Create an enjoyable experience for every customer by sharing your love of adventure
- Work as part of a team to achieve sales and KPI targets
- Assist in store operational requirements as requested by management
Who are you?
- Someone who has experience and understanding of the retail sales environment
- Have exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a positive and flexible attitude
- Flexible availability
- Strong initiative, motivation, and enthusiasm
- Be adaptable and cope well within a fast-paced retail environment
- A genuine passion for our products and the growth of the business
Why you’ll want to become a Kathmanduer!
We reckon you will love what we are offering:
- The opportunity to learn and grow every day in a business with a suite of top quality learning resources for all the team
- The knowledge that you are part of a ‘B Corp’ business -genuinely committed to a sustainable and ethical business model
- A range of benefits that will help you get outside including;
- Generous staff discounts for both Kathmandu and Ripcurl
- Down to earth and fun team culture
- Genuine career opportunities throughout retail and Support Offices based in Melbourne, Torquay, Christchurch and globally.
- The chance to work with a group of proactive individuals that make a difference
There’s so much more we can tell you so apply now to join us on our mission to improve the wellbeing of the world through the outdoors