Quik Corp is a national manufacturer and exporter of high quality, innovative firefighting / emergency response appliances and industry leading spray equipment. Our company is growing rapidly with opportunities arising at our facilities in Queensland and as such we are looking for a dynamic and energetic Graduate Mechanical Designer/Design Engineer who wants to grow and improve with the business at our new purpose built factory in Coolum Qld.
The ideal applicant will be a recent graduate in Mechanical Designer/Design Engineer and ideally have some experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment. However if you are still completing your degree and have the skills we need we would like to meet you.
- Work with the sales team to provide technical knowledge and input to the sales process.
- Work with the engineering team to provide details surrounding vehicle design, customer requirements, and technical specifications.
- Liaise with customers to develop a specification of their requirements for quoting and design purposes.
- Ensure vehicle builds meet customer specification and requirements.
- Develop tenders for government contracts.
- Develop concept drawings of vehicles using Solidworks software.
- Develop mass calculations for potential vehicles to ensure ADR compliance prior to vehicle builds.
To be considered for this role the successful applicant will need the following attributes / skills:
- Tertiary Degree Qualified – Degree, Diploma, Trade
- Exposure to 3D modelling software – Solidworks experience desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite – MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to produce high quality work autonomously.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong work ethic with commitment to the role.
- A current drivers licence.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Committed to quality and attention to detail
- Ability to focus on critical tasks
- Hold a current drivers license
- Be an Australian Citizen/Permanent resident
Experience or exposure to the following will be highly regarded
- Firefighting & Rescue appliances or specialized vehicle manufacturing.
- Customer Support
- Sales tendering process
Working at Quik Corp
This is your opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic progressive organization that is growing rapidly and values creative thinking, your relentless focus on achieving output and customer satisfaction will ensure your success.
Quik Corp is a progressive workplace that provides flexibility around your lifestyle. If you are successful and a self starter you will enjoy working with us.
Our Queensland facilities are on the idyllic sunshine coast where excellent facilities and a great lifestyle is on your doorstep, It is a great place to live and work. Relocation assistance may be considered for the right candidate.
To apply you must submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. This must be a word document / PDF and separate to your resume / CV.
No contact from Recruitment Agencies please.