Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Control Systems Application Engineer, you will be rewarded with competitive remuneration & benefits. The opportunity to work in a great, diverse, inclusive and collaborative teams. It is more than making a living, it gives you a sense of purpose. At ABB you will receive the top quality industry trainings, can write your own career story and can be who you want to be.
You will be responsible for performing high quality electrical design, programming, verification and commissioning projects as per the customer contracts in a safe, timely and cost effective manners. A great career move opportunity to lead a small-medium team of engineers to deliver excellent work to our customers in the Metals, Cement and Pulp and paper industries.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be responsible for interacting with customers, officials, contractors and others to attend project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments. You will be based in Notting Hill, VIC, Australia.
- Perform electrical design for control systems, including PLCs, networking, fieldbus, I/O
- Conduct software design and programming for PLCs, HMIs, Network configurations.
- Deliver commissioning and testing control systems on customer sites.
- Performing the lead engineer role for small to medium complexity projects.
- Assist in preparing proposal or presentation of engineering projects or programs.
- Support Contract Managers in issuing claims and provide cost effective quality solutions as per customer requirement with high quality, in the safe, timely manners.
- Create work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility and reviewing to approve scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensure quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Improve effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions and complete risk and opportunity assessments and ensure implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronic, Computer Science or Software Engineer.
- 7 years of experience and a strong interest in working with Control Systems, knowledge of 800xA, AC500, AC800M, and safety systems is advantageous.
- 7 years’ experience in performing control system electrical/infrastructure design, including networking, fieldbuses, I/O loop diagrams.
- Chartered Engineer or Registration to the National Engineering Registrar, or eligibility thereof is a plus.
- Functional Safety Engineer certification and experience would be advantageous
- Proven ability to lead engineer small to medium projects.
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills and able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrate a good teamwork spirit, communication, excellent interpersonal skills and able to build networks and good relationships with people at all levels.
- Possess good data analytical, problem-solving skills and able to diagnose root cause of problems and select suitable solutions to problems.
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries – Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated