Sentry Workers and Trades Assistants – Shutdown
• 2 week shutdown | September start
• Located in Roxby Downs
• Multiple Positions Available
About the Role
Workpac are seeking Sentry Workers and Trades Assistants for an upcoming shutdown with our client (BHP) based at Olympic Dam mine site near Roxby Downs SA. The successful candidates will be working in a 2 week shutdown commencing in September working various Day and Night Shifts 12 hour rosters and must be available to complete any training requirements prior.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Sentry duties include:
• Monitoring and Gas Testing confined space areas
• Ability to read, understand, develop and implement quality work instructions and permits to work
• Quality control driven with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team and autonomously
• Trades Assistant duties include:
• Enter confined space areas
• Assist trades teams safely
• Hosing tanks and general house keeping
• Ability to work in a team and follow procedures
Skills & Experience
• Current Drivers Licence preferred but not essential as local bus schedule available
• Current Confined Spaces, Gas Testing and/or Working Safely at Heights Tickets
• Current Pre Placement Medical or willing to complete
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.