Victorian Building Authority
- Customer service
As the Service Desk Lead you will provide leadership, and develop a customer first culture within the service desk team as they represent the first point of contact for all VBA users to access ICT services.
This role oversees the service desk team, ensuring tickets are well managed and the team is able to provide specialist support for Windows 10, Office365, Exchange online, One drive application as well as infrastructure functions.
As the primary liaison between the Business, IT, and 3rd Party Vendors on infrastructure matters, the role is actively involved in the development, maintenance and implementation of product and service delivery.
Who we are looking for
- Extensive, demonstratable technical knowledge in Microsoft O365, Exchange Online, CRM Dynamics 2016/365 and Azure services.
- High level experience in managing a team of IT professionals including the ability to determine correct workload priorities, undertake performance conversations, coach, and elevate team members performance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to credibly communicate at all levels of an organisation, including the ability to negotiate successful outcomes with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of best practice frameworks (such as ITIL) and service management tools for the delivery of IT services.
- Demonstrated proactive approach and ability to effectively engage and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation, and build and maintain constructive relationships.
The Victorian Building Authority embraces a diverse and inclusive culture who work together for the benefit of all Victorians. Our recruitment is best practice and free from bias, we recruit based on merit and equity regardless of age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation or cultural background.
We have an amazing employee engagement program, remote working setup, health and well-being and learning and development programs to ensure our people are fit for work and inspired to be the best they can. We are always looking for talented new people to join us with a broad range of skills and experience who are curious, keen to learn and enjoy serving the community they live in, so if this sounds like a place you’d like to work and you think you have what it takes, we‘d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply now!
What you can expect in the role
- A great team that supports each other
- The opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge within a forward-thinking and dynamic organisation
- Flexible, hybrid work arrangements
- A competitive salary plus 10.5% superannuation
How to Apply
We require you to upload:
- A detailed copy of your resume
- A cover letter outlining what attracted you to the role and what your current skills and experience bring to the position.
- employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment
- Only electronic applications submitted via careers.vic.gov.au will be accepted.
- Prior to offer, please note you will have to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia (e.g. citizenship or residency documents, or a valid Australian working visa) and proof of any qualifications relevant to the role.
- As a public sector standard, generally all new employees will start at the base entry level and increment throughout the salary range each year based on performance. Current public sector employees at the same grade will be considered for a transfer of entitlements with evidence. A request above entry level may be considered in certain circumstances.