Tallangatta Meat Processors presents an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and experienced skilled Meat Workers. TMP have a long and proud history in the Australian Meat Industry. Family owned and operated for over 40 years, we pride ourselves on our commitment to Quality, Reliability & Customer Relationships.
Due to continued growth we are currently looking for qualified Meat Worker (Slaughterman, Knife Hands, Butcher, Boner, Slicer, Labourer) to join our team in Tallangatta. We can offer you a full time, permanent job with proper industry training and supportive management. You will be a valued team member, and will work in a fast-paced environment that has a focus on safety and well-being.
As a full-time, permanent employee, you will work a minimum 38 hours per week with the potential for overtime.
Your responsibilities are:
- Slaughtering tasks across the production floor such as y-cut, pelting, shoulder pull and gutting
- Trimming any defects or contamination as directed by Meat Inspectors
- Separating and / or handling offal at the eviscerating table
- Boning and Slicing
- Production work on process line
- General labouring
- Chiller room operations
- Maintaining high hygiene standards throughout all processes
- Follow all OH&S procedures and policies
The right applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience within the meat industry utilizing knife skills
- Relevant qualification (Cert.2/3 Meat Processing) advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality requirements
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with supervisors on improving daily duties
- High focus and attention to detail
- Ability to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Reliable, committed, on time and positive work attitude
- Able to work in a diverse team with varying backgrounds, knowledge and experience
- Willing to undergo Q Fever Vaccination, or have completed Q Fever Vaccination
- Able to pass Alcohol & Drug testing
If you believe to be the right candidate, please send your resume under specification of your possible starting date by hitting the apply button or contact us for more information on (02) 6071 2240.