Join Australia’s fastest-growing brand!
At Seven, we are here to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us.
Seven is Australia’s #1 television network and home to iconic news, sports, and entertainment brands, plus Australia’s #1 BVOD service, 7plus.
Our company values of Be Brave, Better Together and Make It Happen put our people first and celebrate diversity, innovation, and making a difference to the lives of millions of Australians.
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for a Sports Reporter to join the 7NEWS.com.au team in Melbourne. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of accurate, reliable journalism, and show a deep understanding of what makes a quality sports story that can engage audiences across Australia.
- Generate and pursue original story ideas
- Write engaging content that informs and entertains our digital audience
- Ability to work flexibly across a seven-day roster
- Expert knowledge of sports, especially AFL, cricket, motorsport, and horse racing
- Work with Seven broadcast correspondents in Victoria to develop cross-platform content
- Strong writing skills with an ability to explain in clear and concise terms
- Knowledge of the Australian sports audience and understanding of what content works online
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Produce low-maintenance copy that is factually correct, editorially responsible, and legally safe
- Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A degree in Journalism or equivalent
- A solid understanding of media law and ethics
- Experience in digital journalism
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to think and write quickly within tight deadlines
- Ability to nurture contacts and associations to help initiate stories
This position requires flexible working hours and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This is a dynamic role offering an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate. To apply for this position, please follow the link below.
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, the media company of the future, powered by audience, content and technology. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
The Seven Network is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: The Seven Network does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2022 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Aug 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results