- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be an integral member of our team and be responsible for enabling an efficient and effective combat systems subcontract function
- An opportunity to joining the growing world of defence within BAE Systems team that support diversity and collaboration
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting rewarding opportunities for Subcontract Officers within our Maritime Australia program to be based in Osborne, South Australia.
The role provides a rewarding opportunity to contribute to one of the largest Australian shipbuilding program and elevate your career by building strategic enterprise growth in the Maritime sector.
You will be able to benefit from our flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working, nine days fortnight and recently expanded leave policy.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Senior Subcontract Manager, you will be responsible for the contract administration of major subcontracts, continuous improvement of systems, tools and processes which enable an efficient and effective combat systems subcontract function whilst implementing internal controls to ensure the compliance of legislation and governance requirements.
More specifically, you will
- Contribute to the development of procurement strategies which balance the head contract principles of minimal change (reference ship design) and maximisation of Australian industry capability
- Undertake contract administration activities for major combat subcontracts including but not limited to the preparation of scope notice, contract change proposal, variation, certificate of conformance or milestone achievement documentation
- Prepare purchase orders for major subcontract and review engineering prepared tasking statements, provide feedback and package appropriately for issue to subcontractors
- Configure, set up access permissions and administer systems to manage major subcontract documentations with appropriate governance and internal controls
- Produce reports on supplier performance, coordinate re-occurring subcontractor management and review meeting s with relevant stakeholders ensuring proper preparation, attendance, agenda and minute management
- Identify supply chain risk and opportunities and build relationship with key internal and external stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration, procurement, purchasing or commercial management preferably in defence or engineering organisations
- Good commercial acumen and analytical skill with an experience or understanding of project management
- Strong communicator with an ability to foster strong relationship with suppliers, project team and the supplier’s key subcontractors
- An ability to show initiative, prioritise and meeting deadlines coupled with an ability to progress issues and resolve actions within a project team environment
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification in commerce, law, project management, engineering with professional procurement qualification like MCIPS accreditation or equivalent in relevant discipline is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au