At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting into the Superintendent Warehousing, your primary focus will be the Safe operation of a Mine Site based team. The primary purpose of this role is to lead, coach and mentor the warehouse team members to ensure delivery against performance targets and warehousing best practices.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- A commitment to delivering an incident free operation.
- A commitment to provide an inclusive and diverse work environment and build a culture within the team based on respectful behaviours
- Fostering an environment that promotes team work, customer service and continuous improvement.
- Performance Management of Warehouse Operators.
- Daily planning and allocation of tasks to WO’s.
- Ensuring all direct reports and contractors when engaged are competent to complete their role.
- Training and developing direct reports to a level suitable for their position (competency development).
- Ensuring Warehouse(s) and Yard(s) are kept to a high standard.
- Ensuring all MHE (forklifts, delivery vehicles) are available and safe for operation.
- Execution of operational deliverables as per warehouse procedure, GLD and other relevant documents
- Supply Chain Professional, all Supply disciplines from all industries are encouraged to apply (Mining experience not essential);
- Strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder engagement essential.
- A strong desire to lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- An understanding of Lean Methodologies and how to get the best out of your environment (highly regarded);
- Familiar with Management of Change processes
- Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Frontline Management or Business qualification is favorable
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.