SUPPORT COORDINATOR: South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne (Casual with view to Full Time)
Liberty Disability Services is searching for a unique, passionate and open-minded Support Coordinator for our South Eastern Region Melbourne. We are looking for someone we can rely on, who is amazingly organised and is genuinely passionate about working with people with a disability.
We have a strong focus on working for our clients and with our clients every step of their NDIS journey. We believe in freedom of choice and making sure our clients’ voices are heard.
Job role includes but not limited to:
Supporting participants’ engagement with the NDIS
Coordination of formal and informal supports
Understanding of mental health and service navigation within the mental health system
Crisis management and coordination of service providers
Assistance with government agencies, medical appointments and disability related appointments
Networking and key stakeholder communications
Travel within allocated area, quarterly to Geelong Head Office and Team Meeting location
Travel within and around the following areas,
Suburbs include and not limited to Frankston, Seaford, Carrum Downs, Narre Warren, Hastings, Rosebud, Heatherdale, Hastings
· MUST have experience or sound knowledge of NDIS
· SDA and SIL knowledge preferred
· Disability or community sector qualification, (E.g. Cert IV disability, welfare, mental health) preferred
· Experience working with people with disability
· Ability to travel including own car
· High level of computer skills
· Outstanding communication abilities
· Evidence of NDIS worker screener clearance or in the process of obtaining a clearance. (This check includes a police check)
Work Autonomously from home. Yes this is a work from home role
Our flexible working model can allow for work/life/life balance and our amazing and supportive team believe they are the funniest people on earth.
If you think you can assist a person with a disability to build capacity and improve independence, then hit the apply now button!
Registered NDIS service provider