Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
You will be responsible for providing high level confidential administration services and business support to meet the functions of regional operations, development or emergency operations capability. You will set priorities and monitor workflows to manage the functions of human resource and finance administration, records and database management, medal and award nominations, official functions and/or diary management and secretariat duties as required, and monitor for compliance with policy and procedures. You will assist teams in areas of zone and area commands, emergency management, community safety or training to support administrative functions and ensure efficient and effective service delivery to meet regional objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- C Class driver’s licence (non-restricted)
- Government purchasing qualifications (level 1).
- Knowledge or experience in the use of human resource and finance systems and database management.
- The incumbent will be required to support the activation of the Regional Operation Centre (ROC) or State Operations Centre (SOC) when required; this may include being deployed to assist with functions of part of a Response Team as directed by the Assistant Commissioner and may require work outside of normal hours (e.g. night shift), including weekends and/or working extended hours.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high level administrative support, including assisting in the preparation, review and coordination of correspondence, reports and other materials, including secretariat duties as required, in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Undertake general office duties, mail distribution, filing, diary control, travel arrangements and functions, maintenance of office equipment and asset records to ensure the efficient management of the office.
- Coordinate administrative tasks for the processing of work unit records, human resource (leave, staffing arrangements or training courses) and finance administration activities, ensuring compliance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Utilise databases to create, update, analyse and report on business activities and provide operating support to ensure compliance and effective maintenance of records and access to information.
- Liaise and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including members of the public to support key processes, procedures and delivery of unit outcomes.
- Coordinate the development, maintenance, training and advice of administrative processes, procedures and use of systems to ensure compliance and the provision of quality support services to the work area.
- Prioritise workload effectively and perform duties responsibly in the absence of supervision using a high level of initiative to resolve issues and provide recommendation for continuous improvement.
- Undertake support and administrative duties during emergencies and disasters which may involve short-notice activation and rostering outside of business hours.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
- TrustThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.