Are you a talented Technology Environments Lead looking for your next challenge?
Join our innovative Enterprise Technology Engineering team as we continue our journey to build new services in a cloud-first eco-system using product development principles to provide solutions to multiple business groups.
Our engineers operate in a collaborative and autonomous environment where they are empowered to “do it right” and continuously learn, becoming masters in their craft. If you would like to know more, read our Macquarie Engineering Blog, where our engineers openly share their experiences.
https://medium.com/macquarie-engineering-blog [link removed]
As a Technology Environments Lead, you will take end-to-end ownership of the program environments in a modern DevOps culture. You will be responsible for environment governance, processes and execution across multiple squads and stakeholders. You will manage escalated impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery and help drive relentless improvement. You will have an Agile mindset and keen interest in software engineering across a range of technologies. You are expected to work with your business stakeholders to manage deadlines, articulate technical problems and ideas, and help to build better processes and practices. Your growth mindset with a passion for learning and ability to quickly pick up new technologies will be key to your success. You are passionate about modern collaboration, communication channels and information architecture.
- drive technology environment delivery end to end, including design, build, test, implementation, adoption and transition to support
- work with multiple technology teams to define and implement an end to end environment strategy that meets testing, change enablement and risk management objectives
- establishing the User Access Management design, plan and process for the involved teams and people, across non production and production
- establish and coordinate a cadence of regular technology and data refresh updates, including managing multiple end to end pipelines in parallel to support multiple testing streams running in parallel
- environment monitoring to ensure high availability so as to not impact program delivery schedules
- establish technology operating model for environment management, including owning & monitoring service levels and processes across non production and production
- establish the Service Recovery Design and define plans for environment testing to meet the disaster recovery plans
- ensure IT compliance and responding to IT audit and assurance
- facilitate technology environment delivery inputs to the program plans
- establish and communicate the quarterly and annual plans for environment delivery
- facilitate the planning readiness activities, including objectives, roadmaps, backlogs and working group sessions to prepare for the quarter ahead
- facilitate quarterly planning
- publish the environment delivery objectives for visibility and transparency
- ensure that the delivery practices consider and comply with Macquarie IT Policies
- help manage risks and dependencies
- escalate and track impediments
- provide input on resourcing to address bottlenecks
- encourage collaboration between squads and support teams
- improve the delivery flow, drive continuous improvement actions and refinement of the squad collaboration models
We welcome candidates from different backgrounds who believe they have what it takes to succeed.
What’s in it for you:
- learn from the best engineers in Australia and work on market leading products
- be part of a team that deeply values diversity and creates space for you to be your best
- use the latest cloud technologies to tackle interesting and challenging group wide banking and finance problems
- our work environment is inclusive with a strong focus on employee experience
- flexible work options, including working from home from time to time
- ongoing professional development and free technical certification
- highly competitive remuneration and bonuses.
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with email@example.com [link removed] for more information.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.