The Vehicle Off Road (VOR) Specialist manages the part VOR process end to end while being flexible to ad hoc client requests and maintaining high stakeholder involvement. The VOR Specialist handles escalated parts VOR cases, problem solving and finding creative solutions using knowledge of parts and Ford systems. In addition, the VOR Specialist analyzes parts via a cataloguing system to solve part concerns. The VOR Specialist must understand client targets around parts VOR and work to meet these.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster good company to dealer relations and provide effective communications between Ford Customer Service Division (FCSD) and its dealer representative.
- Manage the parts VOR workload; assist in loading cases as required
- Prepare and review daily parts VOR for client and other key stake holders in the business
- Escalate parts VOR concerns with relevant stakeholders
- Utilise skills and knowledge of various Ford systems and industry knowledge to find resolutions when specific part ordered is unavailable in a timely manner or an alternative solution is available to reduce vehicle time off road
- Present ideas and solutions to client around parts VOR handling, which can include presenting recommendations to change system and other supplier processes to improve efficiencies.
- Follow up on unresolved issues and respond to the dealers with clear concise information on a timely basis.
- Efficiently answer the queries raised at point of contact either via telephone or email.
- Leverage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to maintain a record of interactions across internal and external stakeholders and ability to provide historical reporting to client
- Assist Ford Motor Company leads where and when possible
- Determine the best team to manage enquiries and resolve accordingly.
- Provide consultation and advice to depot operations on issues relevant to their Dealer processes and systems.
- Receive and load orders for Ford plants, Local and Export Dealers and internal customers when they are unable to process on their own behalf
- Complete Vendor Shipment Schedules daily
- Preparation and presentation of client determined reporting packs.
- Year 12 completed
- Qualified Parts Interpreter or Cataloguing required
- 1-2 years’ experience in call center environments
- Previous customer and/or dealer experience.
- An understanding of vehicle parts
- Parts interpreter required
- Cataloguing or mechanical background preferred
- Problem solving ability
- Prior experience taking Initiative to solve problems and find solutions
- Team player attitude
- Proven positive client feedback
- Demonstrated experience with meeting client targets
- Be able to use ancillary system tools such as Microcat, Panda
- Be able to use Microcat to determine parts model application and verify catalogue enquiries
- Be able to operate a computer using the following applications Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to recognize order types and be able to identify plant, service campaign and export orders
- Ability to understand order status levels (0 to 9) and the orders physical condition.
- Process delinquent reports – status (0)
- Ability to learn and understand meaning of parts supply availability terms, i.e ONR, CUR, ORB, OWO etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive outlook and can-do attitude
- Analytical ability
- Ability to understand the FCSD warehouse location system and the dynamic/static primes systems
Occupational health, safety and environment
- Ensure an Incident/Injury/Near miss report is completed within 24 hours where required and communicate any corrective action to the relevant people